Welcome to That Pedal Show! Please subscribe to our channel and visit our merch store
Life too short for long YouTube videos? Please see the ‘Interesting bits and go-to sections’ information below.
Today’s show was one of those once-in-a-lifetime lightbulb moments. Especially for me (Mick here). Dan had long been telling me about ‘Power Boost’ pedals… but having never sat down and plugged one in properly, I was none the wiser. A total blank spot of guitar history. We would do a show. One day.
It wasn’t until Dan did an eight-hour round-trip drive to pick up an original 1972 Hiwatt Custom 100 DR103 and a bunch of Colorsound Power Boost-inspired pedals – including an original – that the penny was able to drop. And boy did it drop, for him as much as me.
These are genuinely some of the most inspiring, most moving, most thoroughly rock’n’roll sounds we’ve ever mustered from these four walls.
Massive thanks to Chris at www.custompedalboards.co.uk for the loan of the pedals and of course the unbelievable Hiwatt. The morning after filming, we hit Reverb.com and bought one. Life seems unthinkable without one at this point.
Thanks also to our good friend Jacques Butler for the loan of the Royer 121.
Please enjoy the episode…
Pedals in this episode…
None of our OD/boost/fuzz pedals today are available from our exclusive preferred retailers, so we’ve included URLs to the relevant companies.
• TheGigRig Three2One
• D’Addario Pedal Tuner
UK & Europe:
• Analog Man Sun Face BC183
• Colorsound Power Boost (original). For new try…
• Tru-Fi ColorDriver
• ProAnalog Devices Power Driver V2
• Electronic Orange Bananaboost
• ThroBak Overdrive Boost
• VintageFX Colordrive
• Walrus Audio ARP-87 Delay
UK & Europe:
• Empress Reverb
UK & Europe:
• TheGigRig G2
Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here:
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
– Intro playing: 0:00
– We finally have a Hiwatt on the show: 1:20
– The original Colorsound Power Boost: 2:55
– Amp and Power Boost: 4:56
– Why no 4×12 cab? 5:50
– Four inputs and the clean tone: 7:50
– And with a bit of drive from the Power Boost: 11:00
– The original PowerBoost: 14:02 (17:02)
– A quick Silver Sky clean moment: 15:03
– Power Boost at minimum: 17:02
– Today’s other pedals: 23:35
– Woah, that’s volume! 25:01
– Tru-Fi Color Driver: 26:56
– ProAnalog Devices Power Driver V2: 29:29
– And some humbuckers? 32:45 (33:04)
– Vintage FX Colordrive: 34:00
– The thing that’s great about normal overdrives… 35:35
– Electric Orange Bananaboost: 37:56
– Bananaboost and Color Drive comparison: 40:15
– ThroBak Overdrive Boost: 41:30
– With Analogman Sun Face BC-183 Fuzz
– Never heard so much dynamic off the guitar volume pot: 51:06
– What about a different amp? Victory V40 Deluxe: 54:45 (57:55)
– The age-old volume problem: 1:02:30
Guitars in this episode:
• Fender Custom Shop 1963 Telecaster – watch Dan’s video at
• PRS Silver Sky:
• Collings 290 DCS – watch Mick’s video at
• Fender 60s Reverse Headstock Stratocaster – watch Mick’s video at
• Fender Custom Shop 1952 Telecaster – watch our video at
• Gibson Memphis 1958 ES-335 – no video yet
Amps in this episode
• 1972 Hiwatt Custom 100 DR103 and Custom 2×12 cabinet with 2 x Electro-Voice EVM12L
• Victory V40 Deluxe:
UK & Europe:
We hope you enjoy this episode. Please subscribe to our channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support our efforts
We are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Tại sao Cakhia TV trực tiếp bóng đá lại được ưa chuộng?
- MEEY CRM là ứng dụng quản lý kho và khách hàng chuyên biệt dành cho các nhà môi giới bất động sản
- Tỷ lệ kèo bóng đá trực tuyến hôm nay? Cách chơi bóng đá trực tuyến
- Chi hơn 10 tỉ đồng xây chợ đầu mối chào mừng xã nông thôn mới rồi… bỏ hoang
- Tiền ‘chảy’ mạnh vào bất động sản, thị trường sắp ‘đổi màu’?